On this page you'll find answers to the most commonly asked questions. Please keep in mind that Skylens is still in development, bugs and glitches may occur. If you don't see your question or answer here, take a moment and drop us an email or visit our community channels for support.
As of 2020, the API to access geolocated content is not available for non-commercial use anymore. We are currently in talks with Weibo to open a corporate account. We will update the community once this has been completed.
Only a small percentage of all social media (e.g. Tweets, flickr uploads) are geo-tagged. According to recent studies, <1% use precise latitude and longitude. Therefore, you almost never find results in remote areas. Try changing the search radius to a major city and check again.
- Launch “Safari” browser and open "app.skylens.io".
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear.
- Enter the name for the shortcut (or use default) and tap “Add.”
- Launch “Chrome” app and open "app.skylens.io".
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
- Enter a name for the shortcut (or use default) and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.